Happy October! Today I get to be lucky enough to be a part of the DIY Halloween Sewing tour.
This year I decided out of the couple of tours I am participating that I was going to make me a priority and actually dress up. I’m not sure if I have seriously dressed up since I was pregant with Baby Bear.
So I asked my children what should I be for Halloween, Baby Bear said a princess and Sweet Pea said a purple witch (go figure 😂).
After look through and discarding tons of ideas, I had a testing opportunity that helped me make the decision!
About the pattern maker and pattern itself, is offered free on the Eunoia Patterns page. Eunoia means beautiful thinking, and I love Shannon coined the phrase “Sewing patterns to inspire your beautiful thinking.” Shannon has an amazing design team working with her to create a beautiful catalog for a variety of styles. As for the All Hallows Eve Hat- it comes with sizing for toddler to adult, comes with a 26 page instruction book, plus mouse ear and bow instructions and svg files to make your ultimate witch hat.
Off I went to Joann fabrics to find the perfect accessories.
I may have gone a tad overboard but hey go big or go home, right?
The instructions were easy to follow and the only place I really struggled was with the clamping off the metal wire at the end AND figuring out how to place my accoutrement😂
After I got to this point, I stuffed the hat so I could figure out the other placement of accessories. I will say next time I am going to accessorize before putting the wire in and stitching the bias tape closed.
I hand stitched everything and I probably should have hot glued some of the accessories on but honestly I couldn’t find my glue gun.
I went through my closet found a coat I held on to from my club kid days and off I went to cast some spells.
I can’t wait to wear my costume for Halloween!
Are you ready to see all of the new Halloween costumes on the DIY Sewing Pattern Blog Tour? Me too!! Go ahead and follow along with us!
- October 8th: Seams Sew Lo
- October 9th: Momma Newey’s Makes
- October 10th: Itsy Littles
- October 11th: Aurora Designs
- October 12th: Mijn 11jes &ik
- October 13th: Seams Sew Lo
- October 14th: My Golden Thimble
- October 15th: Make It Sew With Bear and Pea
- October 16th: Duchess and Hare
- October 17th: A Rose Tinted World
- October 18th: Cute. Sew. Make
- October 19th: Custom Made by Laura
- October 20th: My Golden Thimble
- October 21st: Crafty Curly Couture
- October 22nd: Malounami
- October 23rd: Seams Sew Lo
- October 24th: A Rose Tinted World
- October 25th: GYCT Designs
- October 26th: Crafting Through Time
- October 27th: Aurora Design Fabrics
- October 28th: Sew Couture by Kathy
- October 29th: The Sewing Goatherd
- October 30th: Manning the Machine
- October 31st: Seams Sew Lo (Roundup)
Have you downloaded the new Seams Sew Lo Sewing App yet??? It is available on Apple and Android! Find and Rate all of your favorite indie sewing pattern designers and fabric companies. Plus find all of their latest sewing deals! Download the App NOW: